Friday 28 August 2009

Cookbook challenge, week 1, day 6 - Veganomicon

Today was day 6 of the Veganomicon cookbook challenge. I had originally intended to make the Almost All-American Seitan Pot Pie, but I got lazy and decided against it. That turned out to be a good thing, because the person who was supposed to come over for dinner forgot about it and ended up doing something else. I did, however, make the Lower-Fat Deep Chocolate Bundt Cake.



It's really nice. The coffee flavour is almost unnoticeable and merely enhances the flavour of the chocolate. It was a bit crumbly, which is really only a negative when you want to just have a quick piece that you can eat with your hands. I think that might be my fault, though, because I had the heat a bit too high without realising it. I also think it would be better with some custard or ice cream, but we didn't have any of either of those to allow me to test my hypothesis.

I'm taking tomorrow off from the challenge since I've already done 10 recipes (out of 3) and we have loads of cake and muffins left. But I'm already looking forward to next week's challenge - Vegan with a Vengeance!

No comments:

Post a Comment